- Entry is open to groups of all musical tendencies and styles who interpret jazz music. A Selection Committee will choose four groups from among all the valid applicants. These groups will perform between 26nf and 27th of September.
- The maximum age limit of each member of the participating groups is set at 30 years attained in 1st of July 2017. The age should be just field together with the application.
- The applications for contest entry should be accompanied by any background material which demonstrates the quality of the group and in all cases it is essential to include a recorded by the group as well as a high‐quality PHOTOGRAPH.
- Winners (1st Price) of ZILINA INTERNATIONAL JAZZ CONTEST are not eligible to win another prize in next years. A band that has alredy won can not participate in next years. The possibility of participation sidemans of winning band in the second band which are aplly for next year decided President of the Jury.
- The closing date for reception of entry applications is 1st of July 2017 at 14:00 hours.
- Winner will be receive 2.000€ and opportunity to play in Bratislava jazz days Zilina (1.000€ brutto after the official ceremony and 1.000€ brutto after playing in Bratislava Jazz Days in Zilina). Accommodation will be at the expense of the Organization. We do not provide a travel cost.
- The duration of each performance in final round will be 50min. The program is on the free choice of performers.
- The Organization could set to the selected groups an obligated tune. The Organization will inform with enough time to prepare it to the selected groups.
- The decision of the jury will be final and unappealable and the jury may adopt whatever decisions they consider fit.
- The Contest may be photograph and recorded by a TV station.
- The organization reserves the right to modify the present rules, when the circumstances so require.
- By participation in the ZILINA JAZZ INTERNATIONAL CONTEST you accept of all this rules.